My game plan is as follows:
- Back up the current LGpedia database and file structure.
- Back up the current blog database.
- Export the blog posts.
- Note the installed Wordpress plugins.
- Back up the installed Wordpress themes.
- Save any custom php code.
- Wipe the entire site.
- Remove LGpedia's DNS entries and sub-folder.
- Install Wordpress and enable multi-site.
- Set up LGpedia in Wordpress multi-site.
- Restore LGpedia database.
- Upload LGpedia files.
- Install WPMW (or similar).
- Re-upload Wordpress themes.
- Set up additional blogs.
- Import specific content to additional blogs.
- Import the remainder to main blog.
- Restore any custom php code.
- Set up previous plugins.
- Add social-networking plugins.
- Open up multi-site for user-created blogs.
Some notes regarding LGpedia:
- I am planning on setting up a "blog" for for any news specific to LGpedia.
- I am removing the DNS entry for it, as the wildcard DNS required by Wordpress multi-site will handle it.
- Editing will be enabled, and controlled via Wordpress login.
It will probably be a couple of weeks before I pull the trigger, and can hopefully accomplish everything in one night.